Attn: Fishermen-Walleye Tracking Study
To increase our knowledge on walleye movement and better manage the fishery, a tracking study is being conducted with walleye tagged from Lake Huron & Lake Erie. Each fish will have up to 2 external tags & 1 internal transmitter. In the event that you catch & keep one of these tagged walleye, there is a $100.00 reward for reporting the fish & returning the internal transmitter.
If you catch & keep a tagged walleye, please:
- Record when & where you captured the fish.
- Immediately remove the internal transmitter from the fish & rinse with water. Store the transmitter at room temperature. You may keep the fish.
- For reward & arrangements to mail in the transmitter, please contact the USGS Hammond Bay Biological Station at (989) 734-4768 (Mon-Fri , 7:00 am - 4:30 pm) . At other times, leave a message at ext. 111. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
For more information please visit www.glfc.org/telemetry/walleye
- Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary
- Guide to Eating Ontario Sportfish
- OFAH TackleShare
- Bring Back the Salmon
- Invading Species Awareness Program
- Boater Exam®–Get your Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- MNR Fish ON-Line tool
- How to Find Crown Land for Hunting & Fishing
- Connect with OFAH on Social Media
- Larry Miller Seconds M-452-Firearms Act
- Owners of reclassified Swiss Arms rifles to get amnesty, safety minister says
- Icy temperatures set the stage for fishing this weekend
- Get ‘hooked’ on ice fishing during the OFAH Family Ice Fishing Day
- OFAH congratulates Harper government for increased funding to Recreational Fisheries Conservation Partnership