Today’s youth do not have the same access to hunting opportunities that previous generations enjoyed. Many may want to try hunting, but lack the tools, knowledge or access to huntable properties to get started.
Providing opportunities for young hunters to gain the expertise, licenses and skills they need to hunt safely is an increasing priority for the OFAH, our member clubs, and other stakeholders in the outdoor community.
In 2012, under an agreement with the Elgin, Perth and Middlesex Stewardship Councils, the OFAH will partner with Long Point Waterfowl, National Wild Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl and other organizations to provide youth with opportunities in several areas of the province. Under the guidance of trained instructors and mentors, potential young hunters will have the opportunity to take the appropriate courses and upon successful completion, to experience a hunt for the first time.
Many OFAH member clubs are already conducting mentored youth hunts, and many more will no doubt use the Youth Hunting Day Planning Tool Kit, created by the Elgin, Middlesex, and Perth Stewardship councils to train and mentor a new generation of young hunters in their communities.
What's Coming Up
RBWA 1st Kids Youth Waterfowl Expo
Saturday July 19, 2014
Watch for updates on www.rondeauwaterfowlers.com.
RBWA Jeff Bechard Memorial Mentored New Hunter Marsh Experience
October 3/4, 2014 - Rondeau Provincial Park (overnight camping)
For more information download the information poster PDF
- How to Find Crown Land for Hunting & Fishing
- Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary
- Connect with OFAH on Social Media
- Landowner Permission Form
- Ontario Hunter Education Program (OHEP)
- Sunday Gun Hunting
- Sporting Dog Brochure
- OFAH Manager of Communications talks to AM640 about the merits of engaging youth in hunting.
- OFAH applauds National Hunting, Trapping and Fishing Heritage Day
- OFAH welcomes common sense approach to firearms licensing
- Proposed Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act Petition
- MNRF authorizing landowners & hunters to kill escaped wild boars in Prescott & Russell