Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
|Toronto and Region Conservation Authority |
Gold Sustaining Member
Formed in the aftermath of Hurricane Hazel, TRCA has a strong history in watershed management and leadership in applying sustainability practices. Today, we own more than 40,000 acres of land in the Toronto region, employ more than 400 full time employees and coordinate more than 3,000 volunteers each year.
With decades of practical experience in protecting our environment, educating young people, and engaging communities, TRCA works with governments, businesses,and individuals to build a greener, cleaner healthier place to live.
TRCA offers knowledge and experience to help our partners contribute to a healthy city region. This includes ecology and the study of water quality, natural habitats, plants, animals and more to help us identify environmental needs, set targets, and restore natural areas; sustainable community development to advise partners about land use, development proposals and construction, and environmental education to help students and community members appreciate their local environment and learn to look after it.
- Invading Species Awareness Program
- Boater Exam®–Get your Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- How to Find Crown Land for Hunting & Fishing
- Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary
- Connect with OFAH on Social Media
- Larry Miller Seconds M-452-Firearms Act
- Owners of reclassified Swiss Arms rifles to get amnesty, safety minister says
- Icy temperatures set the stage for fishing this weekend
- Open Letter to The Editor: Spring Bear Hunt
- OFAH congratulates Harper government for increased funding to Recreational Fisheries Conservation Partnership