Liberalizing wolf and coyote hunting in Ontario
The government is proposing to liberalize wolf and coyote hunting in Ontario by:
- Eliminating the tag requirement for wolves and coyotes in WMUs 1A, 1C, 1D, 2-10, 11A, 11B, and 12-37
- Continuing to require a Small Game Licence for hunting of wolves and coyotes in these WMUs
- Maintaining the existing September 15 to March 31 of the following year season for wolves in these WMUs
- Introduce an annual bag limit of two wolves per hunter and eliminate the bag limit for coyotes in these WMUs
- Expand the coyote hunting season to year-round in these WMUs (consistent with southern Ontario, except for the period when small game licences are invalid in central and northern Ontario from June 16 to August 31 each year).