Assistant Camp Cook
Job Title: Assistant Camp Cook
Application Deadline: February 25, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Potential Start Date: July 3, 2018
Location: Huntsville, ON surrounding area
Duration: 4 weeks (July 3 – July 26, 2018)
Rate of Pay: $2,680.87 + 4% vacation pay
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is the oldest and largest non-profit, non-government fish and wildlife conservation organization in Canada. The OFAH represents more than 100,000 members, subscribers and supporters. The OFAH Get Outdoors program is a national award winning, youth conservation and leadership program which gives today’s youth first hand exposure to our rich outdoor heritage.
- Responsible for assisting in the operation, organization, cleanliness, efficiency, and safety of the OFAH Get Outdoors Summer Leadership Camp kitchen, kitchen staff, and volunteers;
- Prepare meals for breakfast, lunch, supper, and all snacks to be on time and in appropriate proportions;
- Maintain accurate records of fridge and freezer temperature for camp records;
- Assist with planning and pricing menu items prior to and during camp;
- Assist with creating alternative meal options to suit dietary needs of campers, volunteers and staff;
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure safe, sanitary food-handling practices have been completed by staff and volunteers;
- Time meals according to camp schedule and requirements, making adjustments due to camp consumption; and
- Keep accurate records of inventory by recording consumption and ensuring the delivery of appropriate items/quantities as per invoices of shipment.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year college or university education in culinary arts, culinary management, or chef training or other related genres.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent reading and numeracy skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve; and
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have valid Canada Safe Food Handlers Certificate;
- Valid Standard First Aid with Level C CPR and AED certification (as a minimum);
- Valid police record check; and
- Valid OFAH Membership.
- Knowledge of cooking for large numbers and various dietary needs, making adjustments and provisions for campers and volunteers; and
- Interest in hunting, fishing and conservation would be an asset.
Please submit in one document a cover letter and résumé indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Conservation Outreach Programs Coordinator
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE OR EMAIL INQUIRIES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is February 25, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.