OFAH/Brokerlink Fish & Wildlife Conservation Internship
Job Title: OFAH/Brokerlink Fish & Wildlife Conservation Internship
Application Deadline: January 26, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Potential Start Date: April 30, 2018
Contract End Date: August 31, 2018
Hours: 35 hours per week (full-time 18-week contract)
Location: Peterborough, ON
Rate of Pay: To be determined
Number of Positions: 1
The OFAH/BrokerLink Fish & Wildlife Conservation Internship is an 18-week (April 30 to August 31, 2018) internship working alongside Fish and Wildlife staff at the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH), Ontario Conservation Centre in Peterborough, Ontario.
The OFAH/BrokerLink Fish & Wildlife Conservation Intern will gain practical work experience in stream restoration and will acquire knowledge and skills relating to monitoring local waters and natural areas for invasive species. They will also have an opportunity to network with resource professionals/agencies and engage the public in conservation efforts.
Education and Qualifications:
- Recently graduated from post-secondary education in biology, ecology, fish and wildlife, environmental science or a related resource management program;
- Experience working with the public and youth would be an asset; and
- Experience with fish and wildlife field work would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Essential computer skills (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including literature reviews, report preparation and public speaking);
- Organizational, multi-tasking, time management and project management skills; and,
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively in a large organizational team.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license (Class G), fishing license and hunting version of the Ontario Outdoors Card, emergency first aid with level A CPR certification (as a minimum), valid police reference check, and valid OFAH membership.
Please forward a cover letter, résumé and one reference letter indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Chris Robinson, OFAH Atlantic Salmon Restoration Program Coordinator
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The deadline for applications is January 26, 2018 @ 5:00PM
Interviews will be held early February in Peterborough, Ontario
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.