Office Services Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Office Services Facilities Maintenance Technician
Application Deadline: Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 11:59PM
Potential Start Date: January 7, 2019
Hours: 35 hours per week (full-time permanent including benefits and pension)
Location: Peterborough, ON
Rate of Pay: To be determined
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is currently searching for a hard working motivated individual to assist with building cleaning and property maintenance of the Conservation Centre and the Hunting and Fishing Heritage Centre.
- Cleaning the interior of two buildings (e.g. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning and stocking washrooms, etc.);
- Removal of all waste and recycling materials;
- Complete minor interior and exterior repairs;
- Property maintenance, which includes lawn care, weeding, sweeping, raking and other duties as assigned;
- Aquarium cleaning and maintenance;
- Maintain the water filtering systems (e.g. changing filters, water testing, etc.);
- Shovel and salt the walkways; and
- Assist with receiving deliveries and shipping.
Education and Qualifications:
- Secondary School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalent work-related experience in the relevant field;
- Minimum of two years of mechanical/maintenance experience; and
- Landscape experience would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Mechanically inclined;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to lift heavy weight (10-50lb); and
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Valid driver’s license (Class G);
- Fall protection training (will provide training); and
- WHMIS 2015 (will provide training).
Please forward a resume and cover letter indicating specifically how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Denise Hetherington, Officer Services Manager
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE OR EMAIL INQUIRIES PLEASE
The deadline for an application is December 16, 2018 at 11:59PM
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.