Fishing Programs Outreach Liaison
Job Title: Fishing Programs Outreach Liaison
Application Deadline: December 19, 2017
Potential Start Date: January 8, 2018
Potential End Date: December 31, 2018
Hours: 35 hours per week
Duration: 1 year contract
Location: Peterborough, ON
Rate of Pay: To be determined
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is currently searching for a hard-working, motivated individual to fill the position of Fishing Programs Outreach Liaison. This individual would be responsible for the coordination of all fishing outreach programs; TackleShare, Ontario Family Fishing Events, and Record Fish Registry programs.
- Prepare projects, annual department budgets, maintain good records and meet budget responsibilities for all fishing outreach programs (TackleShare, Ontario Family Fishing Events, Record Fish Registry programs) and outreach program donations;
- Respond to e-mail, phone and mail inquires related to all fishing outreach programs (TackleShare, Ontario Family Fishing Events, and Record Fish Registry programs) and outreach program donations;
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, and supervision of staff and volunteers required to safely and professionally present fishing outreach programs (TackleShare, and Ontario Family Fishing Events);
- Engage in the advertising and media relations opportunities presented through the delivery of the fishing outreach programs;
- Maximize media opportunities, and secure corporate sponsorships, donations, and support, where possible and as approved by Youth Education Manager, for fishing outreach programs;
- Develop new programs (e.g. Fishing in the Schools Program) and activities, and challenge program staff and volunteers to provide conservation education opportunities as part of every outreach event;
- Where required, travel out of town to special events, trade shows, OFAH member clubs or Zone meetings to present information about the OFAH fishing programs;
- Draft appropriate sections for the fishing outreach programs portion of reports for quarterly Board meetings and Annual Conference;
- Coordinate and organize the OFAH Family Ice Fishing Day on the Family Day long weekend including: volunteers, equipment, promotions, sponsors, venue, county permits, safety plans, transportation, tracking and reporting, administration, etc.; and
- Develop, implement and monitor techniques for expansion of the programs (e.g. new sites, new venues, new partners, more clients, etc.).
Education and Qualifications:
- College or university education in biology, fish and wildlife, environmental science or equivalent work-related experience in the relevant field; and
- Active participation in recreational fishing and hunting would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Essential computer skills (MS Office);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Managerial experience;
- Public relations, public speaking, and interpersonal skills;
- Project and time management;
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Problem solving; and
- Valid driver’s license (class G);
- Valid fishing and firearms licenses;
- Valid hunting version of the outdoors card;
- Valid pleasure craft operators card;
- Valid standard first aid with level C CPR & AED certification (as a minimum);
- Valid police reference check; and
- Valid OFAH membership.
Please submit in one document a letter of interest and a résumé, which must include your education and work experience history, and two references to:
Attention: David Ryrie, Youth Education Manager
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, ON K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is December 19, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.