Fundraising Program Manager
Job Title: Fundraising Program Manager
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Potential Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 35 hours per week (full-time permanent)
Location: Peterborough, ON
Rate of Pay: To be determined
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation Anglers & Hunters (OFAH) is currently seeking a Fundraising Program Manager. This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of occasional gifts (e.g. one time donation, memorial donations, etc.), annual gifts (e.g. monthly giving program), major gifts (e.g. large one time donations, corporate gifts, etc.), and planned giving (e.g. bequests, life insurance, gifts in kind, etc.). Responsibilities also include fundraising initiatives and plans, ensuring that fundraising goals and objectives for the annual gift, major gift, and planned giving campaigns are achieved. This position will provide direct mail, marketing, and promotional expertise in the area of annual giving, major giving, and planned giving as applied to membership, individual donors, and corporate appeals, among others. The continuing solicitation of current supporters and the cultivation of new prospects is a primary function of this position.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate annual gift, major gift, and planned giving fundraising strategies, timelines, and programs;
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle (e.g. Focus on the OFAH revenue generation plan and building the OFAH donor file and cases for support);
- Plan and implement administrative strategies, including meetings, timeline execution and day-to-day activity of staff and volunteers, particularly as these relate to major gifts and planned giving activities;
- Cultivate and solicit prospective and current supporters ensuring positive donor relations and expansion of the donor base and associated revenue;
- Participate in the identification of new prospective individual, corporate and foundation donors, both independently and with the help of staff, current members, Board of Directors, etc.;
- Develop and implement ideas and prepare direct mail appeals and collateral materials (e.g. social media/email/text messages, blogs, etc.), and tele-solicitation program;
- Implement an annual gift, major gift, and planned giving donor recognition program, ensuring consistent, accurate and timely donor recognition; and
- Experience and knowledge in peer-to-peer fundraising, and online/social media driven campaigns to achieve targets for overall impressions and conversions; and
- Prepare monthly reports on the status of all annual gift, major gift and planned giving fundraising activities.
Education and Qualifications:
- A minimum of college or university education in fundraising, marketing, business administration or equivalent work-related experience in the relevant fields;
- Minimum of ten years of fundraising or marketing experience with a proven record of actualized gifts and revenue generation dedicated to campaign development and philanthropic leaders; preferable in a large charity environment is required; and
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)designation and a membership with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be mission-focused and able to sport and monitor trends to develop case for support initiatives;
- Must be an excellent online and social media innovator with the ability to develop and effectively utilize fundraising email and text marketing processes;
- Must have an excellent knowledge and understanding of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) as it related to charitable giving;
- Essential computer skills (MS Office, etc.);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proofreading/editing ability;
- Problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Multi-tasking skills, time management skills;
- Ability to work as a team;
- Budget management skills;
- Managerial and leadership skills; and
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
Please submit a letter of interest and a résumé, which must include your education and work experience history, and three references to:
Attention: Angelo Lombardo, Executive Director
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, ON K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The deadline for applications is May 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources Assistant at 705-748-6324 x245 or email@example.com.