Invasive Species Monitoring Technician – Kingston area
Job Title: Invasive Species Monitoring Technician – Kingston area
Application Deadline: March 3, 2024 at 11:59 pm
Potential Start Date: May 6, 2024
Potential End Date: August 30, 2024
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Kingston, ON
Rate of Pay: $25.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Number of Positions: 1
The Invasive Species Monitoring Technician is an exciting opportunity to work within the OFAH’s Invading Species Awareness Program and Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority. The successful candidate will conduct surveillance and management of water soldier populations in the Cataraqui Region watershed. Other responsibilities include participating as a member of the Water Soldier Working Group, speaking and conducting seminars, workshops, and/or presentations on invasive species, including water soldier, and monitoring, mapping and managing invasive species on conservation lands (e.g., Invasive phragmites removals with community members/volunteers).
Education and Qualifications:
- College or university education in fish and wildlife, biology, environmental science, or equivalent work-related experience in the relevant fields.
- Minimum of two years natural resources monitoring experience.
- Education and outreach experience would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Essential computer and database management skills (MS Office), written and oral communication skills, public relations, public speaking, interpersonal skills, project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills, time management, and problem solving required.
- Must be proficient with operating/maneuvering recreational watercraft and vehicle while towing a trailer.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license (class G), fishing license, pleasure craft operators card, emergency first aid training with level A CPR and AED certification (as a minimum), and valid OFAH membership (required at time of hire). OFAH employees are required to complete a criminal record check every three years.
Please forward in one document a cover letter, résumé and two references indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Robert McGowan, ISAP Project Specialist
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE OR EMAIL INQUIRES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is March 3, 2024 at 11:59 pm
Interviews will be held remotely by video conferencing or in-person in Kingston, Ontario
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) stays informed in regards to the current public and workplace health and safety measures surrounding infectious diseases from federal, provincial and municipal levels of government, and provides regular updates to our staff. We have a workplace safety plan and training in place for our staff and update our plan and training when workplace health and safety measures are implemented or revised by government and public health officials.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or email@example.com.