Invasive Species Outreach Liaison – Trade Shows
Job Title: Invasive Species Outreach Liaison – Trade Shows
Application Deadline: November 25, 2018 at 11:59PM
Potential Start Date: January 2, 2019
Contract End Date: March 31, 2019
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Peterborough, ON
Rate of Pay: To be determined
Number of Positions: 2
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is currently searching for two hard-working, motivated individuals to assist with our Invading Species Awareness Program (ISAP). A team of Invasive Species Outreach Liaisons will attend trade shows across Ontario, promoting and supporting the ISAP with public education and awareness on invasive species, specifically Asian carps.
- Assist with the coordination, scheduling, promotion, and attendance of trade shows to engage the public in invasive species education and awareness;
- Network with partners to develop invasive species contact lists;
- Attend and provide support to community events and/or conduct presentations to various community organizations; and
- Develop educational materials on invasive species and associated subjects.
Education and Qualifications:
- College or university education in fish and wildlife, biology, environmental science, environmental studies and/or work-related experience in the relevant fields; and
- Minimum of two years working experience in public education/awareness would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of invasive species affecting local environments;
- Plant, fish, and invertebrate identification skills;
- Experience networking with resource professionals/agencies and engaging volunteers/public in invading species awareness and stewardship projects;
- Essential written and oral communication skills, including experience conveying information to the public (e.g., presentations to community/contributing articles to newspapers/newsletters);
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision; and
- Ability to work flexible hours and long distance travel.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license (Class G), valid passport, emergency first aid with level A CPR (as a minimum), criminal record check, and OFAH membership.
Please forward in one document a cover letter and résumé indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Sophie Monfette, Invading Species Awareness Program Coordinator
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The deadline for applications is November 25, 2018 @ 11:59PM
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.