OFAH/BrokerLink Fish & Wildlife Conservation Internship
Job Title: OFAH/BrokerLink Fish & Wildlife Conservation Internship
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Potential Start Date: April 29, 2019
Contract End Date: August 30, 2019
Hours: 35 hours per week (full-time 18-week contract)
Location: Peterborough, ON
Rate of Pay: $14.25 – $14.50 per hour
Number of Positions: 1
The OFAH/BrokerLink Fish & Wildlife Conservation Internship is an exciting early-career opportunity to work with the OFAH’s fish and wildlife professionals on a range of policy and conservation program projects. Previous OFAH interns have gone on to undertake graduate degrees and/or work with provincial agencies and the OFAH.
The successful OFAH/BrokerLink Fish & Wildlife Conservation Intern candidate will gain practical work experience in fish and wildlife policy review and development with Fish & Wildlife Department biologists and managers. Additionally, he or she will support the Community Hatchery Program (CHP), ALUS Peterborough, Invasive Species Awareness Program (ISAP), and Lake Ontario Atlantic Salmon Restoration Program (LOASRP) with outreach efforts and field work (fish stocking, youth engagement, and invasive species monitoring).
Education and Qualifications:
- Recently graduated from post-secondary education in biology, ecology, fish and wildlife, environmental science or a related resource management program;
- Experience working with the public and youth would be an asset; and
- Experience with fish and wildlife field work would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Essential computer skills (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including literature reviews, report preparation and public speaking);
- Organizational, multi-tasking, time management and project management skills; and
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively in a large organizational team.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license (Class G), fishing license, hunting version of the outdoors card, pleasure craft operator card, emergency first aid with level A CPR certification (as a minimum), valid police reference check, and valid OFAH membership.
Please forward a cover letter, résumé and one reference letter indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Chris Robinson, OFAH Fish and Wildlife Conservation Programs Manager
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE OR EMAIL INQUIRES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is February 1, 2019 @ 5:00PM
Interviews will be held over February 19-22, 2019 in Peterborough, Ontario
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or email@example.com.