Summer Camp Director
Job Title: Summer Camp Director
Application Deadline: March 3, 2019 at 11:59pm
Potential Start Date: July 2, 2019
Location: Peterborough, ON surrounding area and Minden, ON surrounding area
Duration: 4 weeks (July 2 – July 29)
Contract Pay Amount: $3,217.39 + 4% vacation pay
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is the oldest and largest non-profit, non-government fish and wildlife conservation organization in Canada. The OFAH represents more than 100,000 members, subscribers and supporters. The OFAH Get Outdoors program is a national award winning, youth conservation and leadership program which gives today’s youth first hand exposure to our rich outdoor heritage.
- Administrate Get Outdoors Camp registration information, including, medical/special needs, specific requests, allocating groups and meeting required accommodations etc.;
- Develop and organize the delivery of Summer Camp programming;
- Responsible for meeting all safety requirements for recreational camps including camp medical emergency procedures;
- Create staff and volunteer rotation schedules to optimize the summer camp program by placing individuals based on certification requirements, and skill level of staff/volunteer instructing/assisting;
- Plan and prepare camp activities to be delivered on time, and executed safely as per the lesson plan and/or instruction provided by the Conservation Outreach Programs Coordinator;
- Responsible for the safety and supervision of OFAH Get Outdoors staff, volunteers, and campers; and
- Serve as an additional program instructor to deliver programming such as leadership initiatives, conservation educational discussions, evening campfire games, educational presentations, lifeguarding (if applicable), ATV instruction, trap/rifle ranges, kayaking, canoeing, etc.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year college or university education in outdoor education, outdoor recreation, environmental science, or equivalent work-related experience in the relevant fields; and
- Minimum of two years as a camp counselor or experience working with youth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with MS Office, databases, e-mail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong customer service, public relations, public speaking skills, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability and willingness to work in a team environment, multi-task and problem solve;
- Excellent problem solving/conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license (class G);
- Valid fishing license;
- Valid firearms license;
- Valid pleasure craft operators card;
- Valid standard first aid with level C CPR and AED certification (as a minimum);
- Valid criminal record check; and
- Valid OFAH membership.
- Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross, or equivalent lifeguarding qualifications;
- ATV experience; and
- Interest or active participation in hunting, fishing and conservation.
Please submit in one document a cover letter and résumé indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Conservation Outreach Programs Coordinator
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is March 3, 2019 at 11:59pm
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.