Summer Camp Program Assistant – A
Job Title: Summer Camp Program Assistant – A
Application Deadline: May 12, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Potential Start Date: July 4, 2018
Location: Minden, ON surrounding area
Duration: 4 weeks (July 3 – July 28)
Contract Pay Amount: $ 2,751.30 + 4% vacation pay
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is the oldest and largest non-profit, non-government fish and wildlife conservation organization in Canada. The OFAH represents more than 100,000 members, subscribers and supporters. The OFAH Get Outdoors program is a national award winning, youth conservation and leadership program which gives today’s youth first hand exposure to our rich outdoor heritage.
- Serve as a program instructor to provide instruction on trap/rifle range, archery, fishing, ATV riding, kayaking, canoeing, leadership initiatives, conservation educational discussions, evening campfire games, educational presentations, lifeguarding (if applicable), etc.;
- Assist with developing and organizing OFAH Get Outdoors Summer Leadership Camp programming, communicating with the Conservation Outreach Programs Coordinator for approval;
- Assist with the safety and supervision of OFAH Get Outdoors volunteers and campers, providing conflict resolution if needed, notifying the Summer Camp Program Liaison of any issues persist;
- Assist with the administration of Get Outdoors Camp registration information, including, medical/special needs, specific requests, etc.;
- When required assist with scheduled camp duties such as: morning wake up calls, evening bed checks, washroom cleaning, garbage runs, mess hall cleaning and organization, as needed Camp Kitchen duties during high volume periods before and after meals, and assisting campers with meal set up and clean up;
- Maintain all program equipment in working order; and
- Assist with updating the Get Outdoors programming binder to facilitate future years of continual programming development and improvement.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year college or university education in outdoor education, outdoor recreation, environmental science, or equivalent work-related experience in the relevant fields; and
- Minimum of two years as a camp counselor or experience working with youth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with MS Office;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong customer service, public relations, public speaking skills, interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability and willingness to work in a team environment, multi-task and problem solve; and
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license (class G);
- Valid standard first aid with level C CPR and AED certification (as a minimum);
- Valid fishing license;
- Valid firearms licence;
- Valid pleasure craft operators card;
- Valid criminal record check; and
- Valid OFAH Membership.
- Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross, or equivalent lifeguarding qualifications;
- ATV experience; and
- Interest or active participation in hunting, fishing and conservation.
Please submit in one document a cover letter and résumé indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Conservation Outreach Programs Coordinator
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE OR EMAIL INQUIRIES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is May 12, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or email@example.com.