Waterfront Lifeguard (Huntsville)
Job Title: Waterfront Lifeguard
Application Deadline: March 4, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Potential Start Date: July 6, 2018
Location: Huntsville, ON surrounding area
Duration: 3.5 weeks (July 6 – July 26)
Contract Pay Amount: $ 1,946.09 + 4% vacation pay
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is the oldest and largest non-profit, non-government fish and wildlife conservation organization in Canada. The OFAH represents more than 100,000 members, subscribers and supporters. The OFAH Get Outdoors program is a national award winning, youth conservation and leadership program which gives today’s youth first hand exposure to our rich outdoor heritage.
- Assist Head Waterfront Lifeguard in providing a safe and positive environment while instructing and supervising waterfront activities (e.g. swimming, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, boating, etc.) for all campers, staff and volunteers that comply with government and camp waterfront safety regulations;
- Personally conduct a swim test with each camper to determine their swimming ability and approved activities;
- Ensure the waterfront first aid kit has all required items, quantities and proper safety equipment is easily accessible as described by the Health Protection and Promotion Act;
- Provide or delegate first aid at the waterfront or elsewhere when needed, and keep accurate records of all first aid treatments;
- Complete daily waterfront checks, ensuring all equipment is in working order, and reporting any malfunctions or missing equipment to the Conservation Outreach Programs Coordinator;
- Serve as an additional program instructor to deliver programming such as leadership initiatives, conservation educations discussions, evening campfire games, educational presentations, etc.;
- When required, assist with Camp kitchen high volume periods; and
- Assist in maintaining the safety and supervision of OFAH Get Outdoors volunteers and campers.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year of Secondary School education, General Education Development (GED) or equivalent work-related experience in the relevant field.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent reading and numeracy skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve; and
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Valid Royal Life Saving Society’s Bronze Medallion;
- At least 16 years of age;
- Valid Standard First Aid with Level C CPR and AED certification (as a minimum);
- Valid fishing licence;
- Valid pleasure craft operators card;
- Valid police record check; and
- Valid OFAH Membership.
- Previous experience as a lifeguard at a pool or camp; and
- Interest in hunting, fishing and conservation would be an asset.
Please submit in one document a cover letter and résumé indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Conservation Outreach Programs Coordinator
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE OR EMAIL INQUIRIES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is March 4, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or email@example.com.