Youth Program Assistant
Job Title: Youth Program Assistant
Application Deadline: March 25, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Potential Start Date: July 5, 2018
Location: Peterborough, ON
Duration: 8.4 weeks – 35 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $14.00 per hour
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is the oldest and largest non-profit, non-government fish and wildlife conservation organization in Canada. The OFAH represents more than 100,000 members, subscribers and supporters. The OFAH Get Outdoors program is a national award winning, youth conservation and leadership program which gives today’s youth first hand exposure to our rich outdoor heritage.
- Participate in all Day Camp staff training and daily / weekly program staff meetings;
- Assist in the setup, and cleanup of camp activities in a variety of outdoor and indoor settings;
- Develop and deliver conservation-based camp programming, age appropriate for 6 to 13 year olds;
- Ensure camper safety and wellbeing at all times;
- Assist with the facilitation of offsite trips;
- Supervise and instruct campers on the Excalibur Archery Range, Stoeger Airgun Range, and Shimano Fish Pond (training will be provided), and assist with the maintenance of pond and range equipment as required; and
- Ensure all camp program supplies and resources are consistently kept clean and organized.
Education and Qualifications:
- Completion of a Secondary School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED); and
- Minimum of one year of experience in youth program would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong customer service, public relations, public speaking skills, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability and willingness to work in a team environment, multi-task and problem solve; and
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s licence (class G);
- Valid fishing license;
- Valid firearms license;
- Valid Emergency First Aid with Level C CPR certification and AED (as a minimum);
- Valid police record check; And
- Valid OFAH membership.
- Valid hunting version of the Outdoors Card; and
- Valid pleasure craft operator’s card.
Please submit in one document a cover letter and résumé indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Conservation Education Coordinator
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, ON K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is March 25, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or email@example.com.