Members Public Liability Insurance
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH), in partnership with the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Yukon have jointly formed the Great North Wildlife Affiliates (GNWA) and are pleased to offer a Personal Liability, Club Liability, Range Liability and Accidental Death Coverages Program.
This insurance coverage is specifically designed for anglers and hunters who join as members of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. When the OFAH head office receives your membership fees, the following coverage begins and covers you while engaged in activities such as hunting, fishing, target shooting, conservation work and non-commercial trapping. Please see declaration of insurance included with your membership package for more information.
$5,000,000 in excess liability coverage that provides coverage for third party bodily injury or property damage to OFAH members while engaged in hunting, fishing, target shooting, non-commercial trapping and conservation work.
The above coverage is excess to any other liability coverage that you currently have (ie. your home owner’s insurance). If you do not have home owner’s insurance or your home owner’s policy denies coverage, this coverage becomes primary coverage.
This policy provides no coverage for automobiles, boats, motors, ATV’s or snowmobiles, as this is typically provided through a home and/or auto insurance policy.
In addition to the above coverage, OFAH members in good standing are also covered for:
- $5,000 in accidental death & dismemberment policy while engaged in activities such as hunting, fishing, target shooting, conservation work and/or non-commercial trapping.
- $3000 Accidental Dental Expense
- $50 daily hospital cash (up to max. $1,500)
- $15,000 rehabilitation benefit
- $15,000 occupational training for spouse of deceased member (all of the above subject to policy wordings, terms and conditions)
- $15,000 Death Repatriation
Note: This is for all members in good standing that are injured while engaged in the activities described above.
The Plan covers:
- OFAH members anywhere in Canada
- The spouse and depended children (under the age of 21) if a Family Membership has been taken out with the OFAH
Optional Coverages Available:
- Club Comprehensive General Liability for club and OFAH related activities ($5,000,000 limit).
- Range Liability covering all shooting range members ($5,000,000 limit).
- D&O Liability Coverage ($2,000,000 limit)
Note: For all Club liability insurance questions, please contact the OFAH Club Services representative at head office.
For more details contact:
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
PO Box 2800