Members Public Liability Insurance
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH), in partnership with the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Yukon have jointly formed the Great North Wildlife Affiliates (GNWA) and are pleased to offer a Personal Liability, Club Liability, Range Liability and Accidental Death Coverages Program.
This insurance coverage is specifically designed for anglers and hunters who join as members of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. When the OFAH head office receives your membership fees, the following coverage begins and covers you while engaged in activities such as hunting, fishing, target shooting, conservation work and non-commercial trapping.
$5,000,000 in excess liability coverage that provides coverage for third party bodily injury or property damage to OFAH members while engaged in hunting, fishing, target shooting, non-commercial trapping and conservation work.
The above coverage is excess to any other liability coverage that you currently have (i.e. your home owner’s insurance). If you do not have home owner’s insurance or your home owner’s policy denies coverage, this coverage may become primary coverage, subject to the circumstances of the loss, the insurers investigation and policy wordings, terms and conditions.
This policy provides no coverage for automobiles, boats, motors, ATV’s or snowmobiles, as this is typically provided through a home and/or auto insurance policy.
In addition to the above coverage, OFAH members in good standing also receive Accidental Death & Dismemberment policies (AD&D).
- $5,000 in AD&D policy while engaged in activities such as hunting, fishing, target shooting, conservation work and/or non-commercial trapping.
Note: This is for all members in good standing that are injured while engaged in the activities described above.
The Plan covers:
- OFAH members anywhere in Canada
- The spouse and dependent children (under the age of 25) if a Family Membership has been taken out with the OFAH
Optional Coverages Available:
- Club Comprehensive General Liability for club and OFAH related activities ($5,000,000 limit).
- Range Liability covering all shooting range members ($5,000,000 limit).
- D&O Liability Coverage ($2,000,000 limit)
For more details contact:
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
PO Box 2800