OFAH/BrokerLink Fish and Wildlife Conservation Internship
The deadline for applications was 5pm on January 27, 2017
The OFAH/BrokerLink Fish and Wildlife Conservation Internship is an 18-week (April 24 – August 25, 2017) internship to work alongside Fish and Wildlife staff at the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH), Ontario Conservation Centre in Peterborough, Ontario.
The OFAH/BrokerLink Fish and Wildlife Conservation Intern will gain practical work experience in stream rehabilitation and aquatic ecosystem assessment projects related to the Atlantic Salmon Restoration Program.
In addition, they will acquire knowledge and skills relating to monitoring local waters and natural areas for invasive species, and experience networking with resource professionals/agencies and engaging the public in invading species awareness and outreach.
Education and Qualifications:
- Recently graduated from post secondary education in biology, ecology, fish and wildlife, environmental science or a related resource management program;
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Valid “G” driver’s license, fishing license and hunting version of the Ontario Outdoors Card;
- Valid pleasure craft operators’ card;
- Emergency First Aid with Level A CPR certification; (as a minimum);
- Completed police reference check; and
- Valid OFAH membership
Thank you for your interest in this position.
The deadline for applications was 5pm on January 27, 2017.
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.