31st Annual Peterborough Greenwing Fishing Derby
Saturday, April 28, 2018 — In front of the world-famous Peterborough Lift Lock
- Greenwing registration cost is $15.00 for children 15 years of age and under, and $5.00 each additional child in the same immediate family, at time of registration.
- Each $15.00 registration will receive an OFAH welcome package with an OFAH sticker, temporary tattoo, and certificate of participation.
- Pre-registration Greenwing form is available at the following Peterborough area outlets:
- Canadian Tire – 1050 Chemong Road, Peterborough, ON
- Canadian Tire – 1200 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, ON
- Bridgenorth Sports & Marine – 893 Garthorne Ave, Peterborough, ON
or download here, complete, and bring with you to the event.
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 is “Greenwing Day” with fishing open to children 15 years and younger only. Instant prizes for tagged fish will be awarded to registered Greenwing participants 9 A.M. until 4 P.M. only.
- On-site registration begins at 8 A.M. and Greenwing participants will be awarded a prize for each tagged fish with a maximum of 2 fish per Greenwing participant.
- Lunch will also be provided to registered Greenwing participants, including a hotdog, drink, cake, and ice cream on this day only.
- “Adult Fishing” is open April 29 starting at 9 A.M. to May 4 at 4 P.M. to all registered Adults and youth 16 years and older can register a cost of $15.00 each. All registration costs must be paid in cash on the day of registration.
- No lunch or prizes awarded April 29 to May 4, with the exception of “Walter” (the Big Fish grand prize award), if caught before 4 P.M. on May 4.
- OFAH creel limit is 2 fish per person (catch and keep policy in effect). Security and Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) officials will be onsite to enforce provincial regulations.
- Safety first. Greenwings must be accompanied by an adult parent/guardian. It is strongly encouraged that participants bring and wear personal floatation devices (PFDs) when fishing at the canal;
Presented by Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH), in partnership with Ducks Unlimited Canada, Parks Canada, Trent Severn Waterway, City of Peterborough, Shimano Canada Ltd., Lucky Strike Bait Works, Peterborough Examiner, Peterborough This Week, CHEX Peterborough, 100.5 Fresh Radio FM, Canadian Tire Stores, Bridgenorth Sports & Marine, Franz’s Butchershop & Catering, Morello’s Independent Grocer, Quaker Oats, and Kawartha Dairy.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @GreenwingPTBO
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/PeterboroughGreenwing/
Gordon Bowley, Event Co-Chair
David Ryrie, OFAH Youth Education Manager
705-748-6324 ext. 254
Click here for information on Sustaining Memberships.