32nd Annual OFAH Under The Lock Fishing Derby
(formerly Peterborough Greenwing)
Saturday, April 27, 2018 — In front of the world-famous Peterborough Lift Lock
- Saturday, April 27, 2018 from 9am-4pm. On-site registration begins at 8am;
- Open to children 15 years and younger only. Adults may assist young children or those with mobility issues but adults may not fish themselves;
- $15.00 for the first youth; $5.00 for each additional child in the same immediate family at time of registration;
- Includes lunch (hotdog, drink, cake, ice cream) for registered youth participants.
- Instant prizes for tagged fish will be awarded to registered youth participants;
- Limit of two tagged fish prizes per registered youth participant;
- Each registration will receive an OFAH welcome package with an OFAH sticker, temporary tattoo, and certificate of participation.
- Safety first. Youth must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. It is strongly encouraged that participants bring and wear personal floatation devices (PFDs) when fishing at the canal;
- Sunday, April 28 at 9am to Friday, May 3 at 4pm. On-site registration daily from 8am-11pm.
- Registration is $15.00 per person (youth or adult) to fish all week. Registered youth from the “Youth Fishing Derby” may fish daily using their existing wristband. All registration costs must be paid in cash on the day of registration;
- No lunch or prizes awarded with the exception of “Walter” (the Big Fish grand prize award), if caught before 4pm on May 3.
- “Walter” – 1st Grand Prize = OFAH Get Outdoors Summer Camp ($425 value) or alternative prize package with Shimano fishing gear.
- OFAH creel limit is 2 fish per person (catch and keep policy in effect). Security and Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) officials will be onsite to enforce provincial regulations.
- “Walter” – 1st Grand Prize = OFAH Get Outdoors Summer Camp ($425 value)*
- “Rosie” – 2nd Grand Prize = OFAH Day Camp ($205 value)*
- “Birdie” – 3rd Grand Prize = OFAH Day Camp ($205 value)*
*Youth too young/old for these camps will be given an alternative prize package with Shimano fishing gear.
Tagged Fish Prizes
- Bicycles, scooters, fishing rods, tackle bags, tents, posters, lures, and more!
- Registration forms are available at:
- Canadian Tire – 1050 Chemong Road, Peterborough, ON
- Canadian Tire – 1200 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, ON
- Bridgenorth Sports & Marine – 893 Garthorne Ave, Peterborough, ON
- OFAH – 4601 Guthrie Drive, Peterborough, ON
or download here, complete, and bring with you to the event.
Presented by Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH), in partnership with Parks Canada, Trent Severn Waterway, City of Peterborough, Shimano Canada Ltd., Lucky Strike Bait Works, McWilliams Moving, Kawartha Capital, Peterborough Examiner, Peterborough This Week, CHEX Peterborough, 100.5 Fresh Radio FM, Canadian Tire Stores, Bridgenorth Sports & Marine, Franz’s Butchershop & Catering, Morello’s Independent Grocer, Quaker Oats, and Kawartha Dairy.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @GreenwingPTBO
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/PeterboroughGreenwing/
Gordon Bowley, Event Co-Chair
David Ryrie, OFAH Youth Education Manager
705-748-6324 ext. 254
Click here for information on Sustaining Memberships.