Life demands your attention on the daily to-do list. But we thought it was time you were recognized for everything you did not have to do.
- You didn’t have to open this blog.
- You didn’t have to care when conservation organizations needed your help.
- You didn’t have to be an OFAH member or donor.
- You didn’t have to buy Catch the Ace II tickets – which you have been doing for the past 10 weeks.
The OFAH never takes your generosity for granted. You’re the good people we tell others about, including our Board of Directors and conservation partners. The “didn’t have to do” list doesn’t stop at ticket buying and membership renewals. Here are some other things good people and great conservation friends, like you, didn’t have to do:
- You didn’t have to give up a weekend to volunteer for local stream restoration and litter clean up.
- You didn’t have to help the OFAH push for government action on major issues affecting anglers, hunters and gun owners.
- You didn’t have to keep up to speed on all the outdoor pains and gains the OFAH shares in our magazine, on our tv show and everyday on social media.
Sorry. We digress.
Do you know what really makes you stand out?
- You didn’t have to slow down.
- You didn’t have to drop the TO DO list to enjoy everything conservation has achieved.
- You didn’t have to wake up at 4 a.m. to break the water with your first cast.
- You didn’t have to take your children out fishing and hunting.
- You didn’t have to set a brilliant outdoors example with your personal fishing and hunting ethics and your deeply rooted respect for nature.
- You didn’t have to stand up for your outdoors traditions.
- You didn’t have to proudly affirm “I am Conservation.”
Wow. This is a heck of a long list simply to say THANK YOU.
THANK YOU for staying on top of the your “didn’t have to do” list.
You didn’t have to receive any kind of special thank you note because you check off the “didn’t have to do” list with pure-hearted initiative. You may not look for attention or applause but you certainly deserve it from the OFAH.
Keep up the great work.