Sunday Gun Hunting
Sunday gun hunting in Southern Ontario has been, and continues to be a significant OFAH success story. Since its inception in September 2005, the number of municipalities that permit Sunday gun hunting in Southern Ontario has grown to 168. Each year, OFAH staff attends numerous municipal committees and council meetings to champion Sunday gun hunting.
Twice annually, a regulation amendment is made to the provincial Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act 1997, which adds the names of municipalities to the areas where Sunday gun hunting is permitted. Below is a map of municipalities and WMUs that allow Sunday gun hunting in Ontario.
Latest Sunday Gun Hunting Updates
- Township of Carling – Updated: April 19, 2017
- Haldimand County – Updated: March 20, 2017
- Municipality of Southwest Middlesex – Updated: January 16, 2017
- Township of Mapleton – Updated: May 19, 2016
- Township of Southwold (APPROVED) – Updated: May 19, 2016
- Township of Perth East – Updated: May 19, 2016
- Hamilton Township – Updated: May 19, 2016
- Seguin Township (APPROVED) – Updated: April 6, 2016
- Bradford West Gwillimbury – Updated: March 29, 2016
- Tiny (APPROVED) – Updated: March 17, 2016
- Wellington North (APPROVED) – Updated: March 17, 2016
- South Bruce (APPROVED) – Updated: March 17, 2016