Terms of Service
August 30, 2011
The Site is available only for your noncommercial, nonexclusive, nonassignable, nontransferable and personal use, limited to:
- viewing the Site,
- providing information to the Site,
- downloading information or other materials made available for your personal use,
- purchasing products, and
- accessing any other features or functions made available to you on the Site.
Ownership, copyright protection
The OFAH owns the intellectual property rights to all of the underlying HTML, CGI and other scripts (“Code”), text, audio clips, video clips and other content that is available on this website, or we have obtained the permission of the content owner to use it on this website.
With the exception of the uses permitted above (see Permitted use), you may not:
- display for redistribution to third parties for commercial purposes, or
- otherwise distribute any Code or OFAH content from the Site without our prior written agreement.
We respect the intellectual property of others. On notice, we will remove content on the Site that infringes the copyright rights of others. We will disable access to the Site and its services to anyone who repeatedly uses the Site to infringe on the intellectual property rights of others. We employ multiple measures to prevent copyright infringement over the Site and to promptly end any infringement that might occur.
Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any proprietary or industrial right of OFAH, its affiliates, or any third party.
Portions of the Site may provide you with the opportunity to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, testimonials, questions, comments, messages, graphics, photographs, caricatures, likenesses, animation, spoken statements, music, audio, video, voice reproductions, computer graphics, visual effects or any other material, content or information created by you. If you submit a Posting to us for potential publication on the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions relating to such activities that are contained on the applicable submission pages of the Site, if any. You understand, acknowledge and agree that such Postings are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Postings originated. This means that you are solely and entirely responsible for the consequences of all Postings that you upload, Post, email or otherwise make available via the Site.
(b) remove and delete Postings;
(c) revoke your right to use the Site; and/or
If a Posting originates from you or your account, you agree that:
(a) you specifically authorize the OFAH to use such Posting in whole or in part, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, and alone or together or as part of other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature;
(b) you represent and warrant that:
(i) the Posting is original to you and/or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein,
(iii) the Posting does not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right, or contain any matter which will violate any federal or provincial statute or regulation if published or sold,
(iv) the Posting is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful,
(v) the Posting shall not be injurious to the health of the user and
(vi) we shall not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of our use or exploitation of the Posting; and
(c) if your Posting incorporates the name, logo, brand, service or trademark, voice, likeness or image of any person, firm or enterprise, you specifically represent and warrant that:
(i) you have the right to grant us the right to use all such Postings as described above, and
(ii) the Posting was produced in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
You hereby release OFAH from any and all claims of any rights, encumbrances, liens, claims, demands, actions or suits which you shall or may have in connection with your Postings including, without limitation, any and all liability for any use or nonuse of the your Posting, claims for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, emotional distress or economic loss. OFAH has the right to assign, transfer, convey, license, sub-license and otherwise transfer, sub-contract, delegate, outsource or engage third parties to perform or benefit from all or any portion of its or their rights in your Postings, without accounting, reporting, notification or other obligation or liability to you whatsoever, now or in the future. You also forever waive and relinquish all moral rights now or hereafter recognized in connection with your Postings and the rights granted to OFAH hereunder.
Submission of Ideas
The Posting of your own original idea (“Idea”) to OFAH is entirely voluntary, non-confidential, gratuitous, and non-committal. You understand that we may be working on the same or a similar idea; that we may already know of such Idea from other sources; that we may simply wish to develop this (or a similar idea) on its own; or we may have taken or will take some other action. In return for our review and consideration of your Idea, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms set forth herein, and further agree that these terms shall apply to any additional material previously or later submitted, until such time as we otherwise agree in writing:
- The Idea represents your own original work. You have all necessary rights to disclose the Idea to us. In doing so, you are not violating the rights of any third party and you know of no other individual or entity whose rights will be infringed upon by our review and/or use of the Idea.
- You understand that disclosure of your Idea to us does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate us to treat the Idea (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- You understand that we have no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use your Idea and that no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of that Idea, related ideas or ideas derived from your Idea. You understand that we assume no obligation with respect to any Idea unless and until we enter into a written contract with you, and then only as expressed in that contract. For your own protection, we assume that you will rely on whatever patent protection you may want to secure, or have already secured, in your Idea. In the absence of a separate formal contract, your rights shall be limited to those existing under the patent laws of Canada.
- If your Idea is the subject of a pending or issued patent, you have disclosed or will disclose that fact to us. To the extent you hold a patent in the Idea, we acknowledge that no license under any patent is herein granted to us. Any license to use a patented Idea shall be in the form of a written contract, in which event our obligations shall be only those expressed in such contract.
- We will give your Idea such consideration as is warranted in our sole judgment. OFAH’s review of your Idea shall not be construed as any recognition of the novelty or originality of the Idea. OFAH is not obligated to give reasons for rejecting your Idea or to reveal OFAH’s activities that are related to the subject matter of the submitted Idea.
- Neither the discussion or negotiations between OFAH and you relating to the possible purchase or license of the Idea, nor the making of any offer for the purchase or license of the Idea, shall prejudice OFAH in any way, or be construed as recognition of the novelty, originality, priority, other rights or value of the submitted Idea. Further, OFAH consideration or its discussions or negotiations with you will not in any way impair OFAH right to contest the validity or infringement of your rights.
- You agree that, except to the extent that these terms are superseded by a separate agreement in writing by you and OFAH, you hereby irrevocably release and forever discharge OFAH and its affiliates and subsidiaries from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against OFAH and its affiliates and subsidiaries or their respective successors and assigns with respect to the Idea including, without limitation in respect of how OFAH and its affiliates and subsidiaries, directly or indirectly, use the Idea, with the sole exception in respect of the foregoing release and discharge being your right to bring a claim of patent infringement.
Public areas, registration, information and security
You acknowledge that any Postings you submit in a “public” area of our Site, areas or features that may allow members of the general public to view such submitted content on the Internet, may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet, and therefore you have no expectation of or right to privacy with regard to any such Posting. We have no obligation to monitor any Postings. You acknowledge that such public areas and features offered therein are public and not private communications. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose; you make such Postings and disclosures at your own risk. We are not responsible for any errors, omissions, or offensive material contained in any content posted in any public areas or any decisions made or actions taken or not taken based on such information or content.
Information contained on the Site, including “expert” responses to questions, is general in nature and is not a substitute for professional advice. You acknowledge that people answering questions on this Site, including those referred to as “experts,” have varying levels of expertise and have not been certified as “experts” by us. We have not undertaken to verify the credentials or abilities of any such people, and their responses to questions should be used for informational purposes only. Before you act on information that you have found on the Site, you should independently confirm any facts that are important to your decision. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE BEFORE RELYING UPON IT.
We operate the Site from Canada. It is possible that some software that may be downloaded from the Site is subject to government export control or other restrictions. By visiting and using our Site, you acknowledge these restrictions and promise and represent that you are not subject to them. We make no representation that materials or services at this Site are appropriate or available for use outside Canada and accessing our Site from territories where its content is illegal or restricted is expressly prohibited.
We make no warranties of any kind regarding any third-party non-OFAH sites to which you may be directed or hyperlinked from this Site. Hyperlinks are included solely for your convenience, and we make no representations or warranties with regard to the accuracy, availability, suitability, or safety of information provided in such non-OFAH sites. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you are granted a limited, non-exclusive, revocable right to create hyperlinks to this Site, so long as:
(a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any of our trademarks,
(b) you do not replicate Site content,
(c) the links and related content on your site do not suggest any affiliation with OFAH or cause confusion among consumers,
(d) the links and related content on your site do not portray OFAH or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner,
(e) the links and related content on your site are not operated for any commercial purposes, and
(f) links to our sites are not embedded into or otherwise contained within frames representing your website.
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE. ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND ENDORSEMENTS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, MATERIAL AND/OR CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, BUGS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT ERRORS WILL BE DETECTED OR CORRECTED. WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY OR USEFULNESS OF THE INFORMATION DISCLOSED OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE. WE HAVE NO DUTY TO UPDATE THE SITE OR MODIFY ITS OFAH CONTENT OR CODE, AND WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR OUR FAILURE TO UPDATE SUCH INFORMATION.
OFAH reserves the right to assume, at its sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any such claim or action and all negotiations for settlement or compromise, and you agree to fully cooperate with OFAH in the defense of any such claim, action, settlement or compromise negotiations, as requested by OFAH.
Term; Access; Revisions; Partial Invalidity
Questions and Notices
Questions concerning the use of the Site should be directed to email@example.com. Notices should be sent to: Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters Web Developer, P.O. Box 2800, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 8L5. You can also inquire by calling 705-748-6324. We will contact you using the address submitted by you or such other address as we reasonably determine is an appropriate address for you. When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact email address, name, address, and/or telephone number(s) in order to be sure we handle your request correctly.
© 2011 Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. All Rights Reserved.