In late 2018, Public Safety Canada released a background document and questionnaire titled: “A dialogue on handguns and assault weapons”. Click here for the OFAH’s written submission to Public Safety Canada.
The OFAH is in discussions with the federal government — including meeting with Minister Blair in December 2018 — to discuss the concerns of the firearms community.
Bill 30, An Act to amend the Ammunition Regulation Act, 1994 with respect to the sale of handgun ammunition (Fighting Back Against Handguns Act) was a Private Members’ Bill introduced in the Ontario Legislature that aimed to allow municipalities to pass by-laws prohibiting the sale of handgun ammunition within their boundaries. The bill was quietly defeated in early October 2018. The firearms community welcomes this decision and is appreciative of the recognition that law-abiding citizens aren’t the problem and that short-sighted feel-good policies won’t cure gun violence in this province.
Add Your Voice
Put your voice behind our efforts to achieve government action — donate today!.
A collection of various Firearm issues the OFAH has advocated on.
For information on other issues for fish, wildlife and access click here. For Sunday Gun Hunting information, click here.
Latest Firearm Issue Updates (Discharge, Bills, Etc)
- Bill C-71 Updated: December 21, 2018
- Dialogue on Reducing Violent Crime Updated: November 21, 2018
- Town of Kingsville Meeting – Sept. 24 – Duck blinds, waterfowl jurisdiction and Discharge of Firearms By-Law 10-2004 Updated: September 21, 2018
- City of Clarence-Rockland – Discharge of Firearms Bylaw revision Updated: August 7, 2018
- City of Thorold – Discharge of Firearms By-law Updated: December 6, 2017
- Town of Halton Hills – Discharge Bylaw Discussion Updated: November 17, 2017
- Grace period for expired firearms licence holders Updated: November 16, 2017
- Town of Kingsville – Discharge of Firearms Bylaw Review Updated: August 31, 2017
- Firearms Licences Expiry Bill C-346 Updated: April 7, 2017
- Recommendation on U.N. Firearms Marking Protocol Updated: March 29, 2017
- Town of Atikokan – Discharge of Firearms Bylaw Updated: March 2, 2017
- City of Hamilton – Discharge of Firearms Bylaw Review Updated: February 6, 2017
- Firearms Issue – Bill S-223 Updated: November 21, 2016
- RCMP Prohibition of 10/22 Magazine Updated: August 3, 2016
- Guide to Buying and Selling Firearms Online Updated: July 27, 2016
Click here for information on Sustaining Memberships.