OFAH Members Public Liability Insurance
SGI Canada through the Great North Wildlife Affiliates Ontario, in partnership with the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba have jointly formed the GNWA (Great North Wildlife Affiliates) and are pleased to offer a Personal Liability, Club Liability, Range Liability and Accidental Death Coverages Program.
This insurance coverage is specifically designed for anglers and hunters who join as members of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. When the OFAH head office receives your membership fees, the following coverage begins and covers you while engaged in activities such as hunting, fishing, skeet, trap or target shooting, archery, conservation work, non-commercial trapping and camping in connection with the above noted activities. Please see declaration of insurance for more.
$3,000,000 for Public Liability including defence and investigation charges ($250 deductible on property damage claims) $1,000 for reasonable medical expenses if you accidentally injure someone else. There is also $10,000 in case for forest fire fighting expense.
The above coverage is excess to any other liability coverage that you currently have (ie. your home owner's insurance). If you do not have home owner's insurance or your home owner's policy denies coverage, this coverage becomes primary coverage.
This policy provides no coverage for automobiles, boats, motors, ATV's or snowmobiles, as this is typically provided through a home and/or auto insurance policy.
In addition to the above coverage, OFAH members in good standing are also covered for:
- $5,000 in insurance for accidental death or dismemberment that results while engaged in activities such as hunting, fishing, skeet, trap or target shooting, archery, conservation work, non-commercial trapping and conservation activities.
- $3000 Accidental Dental Expense
- $50 daily hospital cash (up to max. $1,500)
- $15,000 rehabilitation benefit
- $15,000 occupational training for spouse of deceased member (all of the above subject to policy wordings, terms and conditions)
- $15,000 Death Repatriation
Note: This is for all members in good standing that are injured while engaged in the activities described above.
The Plan covers:
- OFAH member anywhere in Canada
- The spouse and depended children (under the age of 21) if a Family Membership has been taken out with the OFAH
Optional Coverages Available:
- Club Comprehensive General Liability for club and OFAH related activities ($3,000,000 limit).
- Range Liability covering all shooting range members ($3,000,000 limit).
- D&O Liability Coverage ($2,000,000 limit)
- Optional $2,000,000 Umbrella Liability
Note: For all Club liability insurance questions, please contact the OFAH Club Services representative at head office.
For more details contact:
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
PO Box 2800
- Letter to the Editor: More changes for Ontario moose hunters
- Ontario’s sweeping Moose Project proposal leaves hunters reeling
- Letter from Robert Sopuck, MP: NDP Want to Ban Animal Use
- OFAH talks ice fishing in the Kawarthas with CHEX TV
- PETS - Organization for Rescue of Animals says children need to be taught sport hunting is barbaric.